Information We Collect or Acquire
Depending upon the relationship you choose to have with us, we will collect an appropriate level of information about you. The information we may gather and collect falls into three general categories: contact, personal and financial. We attempt to ask you to share only the information that we need to address and serve your product needs.
Information that You Give Us
You may provide us information about yourself when you buy a product, use our website or other applications, send us a claim form, enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, visit our booth at trade shows and other events, participate in our sponsored webcasts, or communicate with us.
We collect several types of information from and about our customers and others, including but not limited to:
- Information provided to purchase a care plan.
- Information about transactions, such a coverage, payments and claims.
- Information to analyze website use.
- Details collected as you navigate through our site. Site navigation does not generate personally identifiable information automatically.
- Information provided by filling in forms on our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information that you provide by entering a contest or promotion sponsored by us, visiting our booth at trade shows or other events, or by participating in our sponsored webcasts.
Information from Our Affiliates
We may obtain information about your transactions with our affiliates in accordance with applicable law.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain some information about you from non-affiliated third parties. These third-party sources vary over time, but may include:
- Service providers;
- Retailers who sell our products;
- Publicly-available sources such as government databases, media coverage, or other data sources that are available to the public;
- Insurance agents and brokers;
- Insurance companies;
- Social media; and
- Other third parties whom you have authorized to provide us information or as otherwise permitted by law.
Information Collected Automatically
As you use our services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your device or computer, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Information about your computer or device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data; the resources that you access and use on the website; and information about what site you came from.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our services and to deliver better and more personalized services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our services according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our services.
The technologies we use for the automatic data collection may include:
- IP Addresses. If you purchase a care plan or submit a claim with us, we may gather your IP address, along with the time and date, when the information is submitted. This information is linked to the personal information you provide as part of the purchase of a care plan.
- Web Beacons. Our website pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the website.
Cookies. When you use a web browser to access our website, small text files called cookies are created to track your site use, including where you left off, login information, personal preferences, and other customized functions. Session cookies are temporarily created while you view our site and are deleted when you leave. Persistent cookies remain in your browser’s subfolder and are activated each time you return to the website during the lifetime of the cookie. Our website uses these cookies for the following reasons:
- Administer and allow personalization of the website;
- Administer a care plan or other requests;
- Obtain website analytics; and
- Retarget or advertise on third-party sites. We do not provide your information to these sites to use for their own purposes, or for the benefit of any other party.
Your web browser can be set to notify you of a cookie and allow you to accept it. If you disable your browser from accepting cookies, this may limit your website experience.
Uses Made of Your Information
We use your information to:
- Present our website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- Administer any care plan we sell, administer or provide.
- Process, investigate, adjust, and administer your claims.
- Personalize your experience with us.
- Market other products and services to you, including those that we or our affiliates offer.
- Market our products and services to those who have similar characteristics to you.
- Improve our products, services, website, and operations. Notify you about our products or services.
- Confirm your identity.
- Manage, investigate, or resolve disputes or complaints.
- Permit you to enter contests, sweepstakes, and similar promotions (which may have additional terms and conditions that describe other uses of your personal information).
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may be fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of our policies.
- Comply with our internal policies and procedures, as well as the laws, rules, and regulations that apply to our business.
- Respond to requests for information from governmental authorities.
- Establish or defend our legal rights and responsibilities, or those of our affiliates, business partners, vendors, customers, or others.
- Perform other activities as permitted by applicable law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for any purpose. We train our employees to safeguard your personal information and access to all personal information is restricted to only those employees who need the information to perform their official duties. We may, however, disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Contractors, retailers and service providers we use to support our business and who are required to hold the information in confidence.
- Among our group of companies to offer you additional products and services.
- State insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities.
- Those we are required to share with under a subpoena, search warrant, court or administrative order or other legal process.
- We also reserve the right to transfer your information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Security of Your Information
We use physical, technical and administrative safeguards in protecting your personal information in compliance with state and federal law. Sensitive information that is transmitted to us online is securely encrypted while it is being transmitted.
Aggregated or De-identified Data
Choices about Your Information
Based on the law applicable to the use of your personal information, you may be able to exercise a number of rights in relation to your personal information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us and will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights. However, please note that in many cases, your rights are not absolute, and we may not be required to comply with your request.
Right to opt-out
If you do not want to have your information used by us to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe within the email or contact us asking to be omitted from future email distributions, and we will honor that request.
Right to correction
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and complete. However, if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request for it to be corrected or updated.
Right to access
You are entitled to a copy of your personal information we hold about you and to learn details about how we use it. Your Information will usually be provided to you digitally.
Right to deletion
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete your personal information. For example, where your personal information that we collected is no longer necessary for the original purpose or where your personal information has become obsolete. However, we will need to balance this against other factors. For example, we may not be able to comply with your request due to certain legal or regulatory obligations.
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by emailing us at [email protected]com
or calling us at 877-329-3620
. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. You must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information. We can’t respond to your request if we can’t verify your identity or authority to make the request. We will use reasonable measures to verify the identity of the requestor before processing a request. We will respond to your request within 45 days. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will notify you of the reason and the extension period in writing.
We will maintain an audit history of any requests to access or delete personal information to maintain a record of compliance with regulatory requirements.
This website is operated by JM Care Plan, Inc., and JM Care Plan Services, Inc., both members of the Jewelers Mutual Group, 24 Jewelers Park Dr., Neenah, Wisconsin 54956. You may provide feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications by contacting us.
Questions or Comments
Jewelers Mutual Group
Attn: Privacy Officer
24 Jewelers Park Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Email: [email protected]